Sunday 7 April 2013

AUMA...TIME TO CLOSE THE BOOK!

 
It is with a heavy heart that I resign from my post as General Administrator of Association of Urban Ministries in Africa, AUMA.
 
This has been decided for a number of reasons as follows:
  • The application for NPO Status has been rejected 3 times. Surely this is a clear message?
  • 18 months and still no wages, or funds. How can an Organisation run on empty?
  • The CMWA has been dissolved, with external Organistations recognising no further need to continue their association with AUMA.
Because of these and other factors, together with lots of prayer, I realised that there was no point in continuing to flog a dead horse, so I resigned from my duties.
 
Jean-Ray accepted my decision, and concluded our meeting suggesting that AUMA has reached its last chapter, and the book needs to be closed. We jointly agreed that this was the only appropriate decision to make.
 
I have so enjoyed the journey I have been on with AUMA, and all the learning I did on my way. And even though I struggled to create the awareness and interaction AUMA needed, I am ready to close the book, but, I will forever hold onto all the wonderful friends and memories I collected on the way.
 
Thanks to all who played a part in my journey, and for all I learnt along the way, I am blessed and truly richer in knowledge.
 
May God bless and keep you all.
 
Cheryl Robins
 

No comments:

Post a Comment